This is the heart of ECAL’s operation in Angola. We have service contracts with Angola LNG, BP Angola, Esso Angola, Chevron Angola (CABGOC) and OPS Angola.
Equipment & Controls is now heavy focused on mechanical services (valves, safety valves, mechanical seal refurbishment, pumps and machinery health diagnostics), but controls systems and instrumentation remain an important part of our local business.
We provide the following support to our clients.
- Trained and Certified system engineers for installation, commissioning and startup of Distributed Controls Systems, Safety Instrumented System and Fire and gas systems, SCADA,PLC’s and HMI’s.
- Technicians and Instrument specialists for Field cabling, installation, calibration, start up and commissioning of HART and Foundation Fieldbus instrumentation using tools like Hart communicators/calibrators and Asset management systems.
- Third party integration support for communication with other vendor equipment using OPC, Serial and Profibus connectivity.
- Specialist post startup services like tuning for process optimization, process stabilisation, increased throughput and efficiency, alarm management.
- On site upgrades of obsolete hardware/software and upgrades to new software revisions.
- Local support to site teams from local office for technical issues, hardware and warranty issues.
- Valve and safety valve services, including valve sizing and selection. Asset database and maintenance history management is vital to ensure pro active maintenance.
- Shutdown and blow down valve services, including valve efficiency improvements and leak sealing (greasing).
- Mechanical workshop services.
- Condition monitoring of rotating equipment.
- Pump repairs, servicing and balancing.